My Book — FIGHTING BACK: Doing Battle with Cancer
FIGHTING BACK: Doing Battle with Cancer is the story of an ordinary family faced with extraordinary illness: Valerie, diagnosed with bone cancer when she was three and, years later her older sister Stacy, diagnosed with breast cancer at twenty-five. By revealing central aspects of the struggle to overcome the children’s illnesses, the author uncovers her family’s will to live fully and enthusiastically. While adversity rules, all four family members discover that within everyday life tears, laughter and dreaming dwell side by side.
My memoir is finished and the task of finding a publisher begins! All the profits from FIGHTING BACK: Doing Battle with Cancer will be donated to THE VALERIE FUND and the STACY GOLDSTEIN BREAST CANCER CENTER at the Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey.
Listed Below are the first 15 chapters of FIGHTING BACK: Doing Battle with Cancer
- FIGHTING BACK: Doing Battle with Cancer
- Chapter 1–Memories
- Chapter 2–Welcome to Our World
- Chapter 3–Cancer!
- Chapter 4–Coping, Quirks and Queries
- Chapter 5–The Doppelganger
- Chapter 6–The Hall Clock
- Chapter 7–Back On Track
- Chapter 8–The House that Ed Built
- Chapter 9–The Little Leg
- Chapter 10–Let The Good Times In
- Chapter 11–Moving In
- Chapter 12–Mouthy Kids
- Chapter 13–How Buster Became a Goldstein
- Chapter 14–An Unorthodox Community
- Chapter 15–Decisions